Friday, October 24, 2008

Knitting away the homesickness

Dear Christine
I enjoyed your post as I can totally relate to the feeling of homesickness! I really enjoyed the creative way in which you try to deal with this homesickness through knitting. It is definitely not something I would have thought of, but losing yourself in the colours is something that appeals to me. I am a first year student at Rhodes University in South Africa and have had a fair share of homesickness throughout the year. I have recently started blogging with a group of students and one of my posts was about the "homesickness beastie" and how it affected me. Feel free to check it out.

Gabi

1 comment:

Tru said...

homesickness sucks but its kind of a part of the first year at least it was for a little while for me...i was terribly homesick the first week but i quickly made the best friends in the world and together we created a family. we all live together now in this great little apartment on campus...and i can't imagine how i functioned without them