Thursday, October 23, 2008

Vanilla and Caramel scoops taste good together!

*Ice-Cream*: Have the same flavoured ice-cream...

Hi Miss Persy

From the point of view from someone who has been in an interracial relationship for a year and a half, I have to say that I disagree with a lot of what you had to say. I am a white woman who dated a guy with an Indian father and Chinese mother. You mentioned that having an interracial relationship is complicated, yet don't you think that if you manage to overcome those complications your relationship will be stronger? You also say that it is not easy accommodating something different. I think that this depends on each individual as for everyone it will be different. I know that I embraced my boyfriend's family and the cultural differences just as they embraced me. My family members that met my boyfriend also accepted him, even though I did not expect them to, because they managed to see him as a person rather than as someone who is different from us. In many ways I found that I related to this "Chindian" guy alot better than I did to my "own kind" as you call it. You will experience difficulties in any relationship whether it be interracial or not and it is how you handle those difficulties that will determine how your relationship turns out. Being in an interracial relationship you learn to ignore comments from narrow-minded people and concentrate rather on your own happiness. Having been in an interracial relationship is something I would never want to change- it was by far one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life and I would recommend it to everyone. If it wasn't for the distance that now separates me and my Chindian man, we would most probably still be together...

Gabi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I came across an online community for individual seeking interracial love. It is ++++((((---Blackwhitemeet. C O M))))++++ All singles there are seeking interracial relationships. Interracial is not a problem here, but a great merit to cherish!