Friday, October 24, 2008

Connecting our blog with the outside world

Hi Ashlea,

My name is Tarryn and I am currently a Journalism & Media Studies student at Rhodes University in Grahamstown, South Africa. I just want to say how much I enjoyed reading your blog and thank you for the advice that you give in this post in particular. I am just about to write my first year final exams and have been doubting whether I should be studying at all. Stumbling across your blog inspired me again as it always helps to hear of people who have achieved and found a way to the end of the studying tunnel. It is also reassuring to know that there are those that think it is worth the effort, time and investment. Our journalism class is currently doing a new media course in which we are blogging in groups to learn about narrative and genre. Our group is called 'Tales from a Rhodent' if you would like to take a look. I also have my own blog that I just started called 'Drawing Life with Light'.

All the best with your thesis!

Kind regards
Tarryn

No comments: