Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pub(ic) Wars: Episode 2...

Ditto, ditto, ditto to everything that Tarryn and Sarah have said below about our comic; there’s no point in me repeating any of it as I agree with all of it! :-) I can say why my experience of making the comic was slightly more warped though... as it involved the unwanted attentions of a drunken pervert old enough to be my grandfather (Gag!!!!) Yes, that’s right, while decorating Mr Spikey and taking the photos, me (and to a lesser extent the other girls too) had the unpleasant experience of having to deal with the inappropriate attentions of an old man. The weather was sweltering hot and even though most of us were dressed in shorts and strappy tops as a result, we should not have to endure sexual comments and advances by anyone, let alone from an old “ballie” who is probably at least three times our age. And no, I don’t enjoy having you grab my hand and recite the words of some lame song about us being in a green boat and being alone with you on the shore, while backed into a corner with the only escape being a jump into a prickly pot plant, with your disgusting beer breath in my face. As complimentary/ flattering/ seductive as you may think you are being, we also don’t like being whistled at and belittled into mere sex objects. If I wasn’t so nice you would have gone the same way as that spiked drink- except I would have knocked you out a lot harder. Don’t mess with these girls- they deserve respect from you and everyone else!

No comments: